Safety Representatives, Employees identified to become nominated Safety Representatives, General Staff who want to gain general knowledge of their company’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System pertaining to SHE Representatives
This course ensures efficiency and understanding of duties and obligations for this position. Attendees will have a greater understanding of SHE requirements and responsibilities according to the OHS Act. Implementing and monitoring various legislative procedures that promote and manage SHE related incidents, is also taught. Attendees will learn skills to identify health and safety issues, to consult with authorities on the matter and to further effectively resolve these issues.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will have a better understanding of the functions and responsibility of an HSE Representative. The learner will be able to carry out basic inspections and participate in HSE committee procedures.
The Functions of the Workplace Health and Safety Representative (SHE Rep) course is focussed on providing delegates with knowledge and skills to fulfil their SHE Rep functions within their company. Delegates will be able to comprehend the vital part Safety Representatives play within the Occupational Health and Safety Management System of their company. Knowledge of: duties, responsibilities and rights of Safety Representatives, employees and employers in terms of Occupational Health and Safety -is covered during this course. Delegates are empowered to play a vital role in ensuring a safer working environment within their respective companies.
Two main aims of the Health & Safety Representatives training course:
- To provide appointed Health & Safety Representatives with an overview of the O.H.S Act. This includes knowing what the act says about the duties and responsibilities of employers and their employees and what it requires of them.
- To provide Health & Safety Representatives with an understanding of their role as such. This includes knowing what their duties and responsibilities are and how you should carry them out.
The Health and Safety Representative Course is the ideal way to ensure that your occupation health representative fully understand their objectives and statutory requirements. Every representative in this field has rights, powers, functions and duties that must be understood and implemented.
This course ensures efficiency and understanding of duties and obligations for this position. Attendees will have a greater understanding of SHE requirements and responsibilities according to the OHS Act. Implementing and monitoring various legislative procedures that promote and manage SHE related incidents, is also taught. Attendees will learn skills to identify.
1. LEGISLATION AND REGULATIONS
- INDUCTION – LEGISLATION AND REGULATIONS
- GENERAL DUTIES OF THE WORKER
- PURPOSE AND SELECTION OF THE OHS COMMITTEE
- IMPLEMENTATION OF SAFETY PROCEDURES IN THE WORKPLACE
- VARIOUS ACTS – FOR BACKGROUND ONLY
2. IDENTIFY HAZARDS
- IDENTIFY HAZARDS
- CONDUCT WORKPLACE INSPECTIONS
- IDENTIFY RISK PROFILES
- COLOR CODING AND DEMARCATION
3. EVALUATE AND REPORT HAZARDS
- ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS IN THE WORKPLACE
- THE IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR ROLE
- WHAT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT AS THE CAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT?
- HOW ARE THE FACTS COLLECTED?
- MAKING THE ANALYSIS AND CONCLUSIONS
4. APPLY PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
- HAZARD CONTROL PROGRAM
- WAYS TO CONTROL A HAZARD
- ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROLS
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) AS A HAZARD CONTROL METHODS
- HOW DO YOU DESIGN A TRAINING PROGRAM?
- WHAT SHOULD YOU REPORT AND INVESTIGATE IN CASE AN ACCIDENT OCCURS?
- HOW DO YOU PROMOTE EMPLOYEE INVOLVEMENT IN HEALTH AND SAFETY PROGRAMS?
- EVACUATIONS PROCEDURES 4.8 EVACUATIONS PROCEDURES
5. GENERAL MANAGEMENT FUNCTION
- GENERAL MANAGEMENT FUNCTION
- HOW YOUR H&S COMMITTEE WILL WORK
- RESOURCES FOR REPRESENTATIVES AND COMMITTEES
- PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW IN AN INCIDENT